11.07.2010

While we wait....



We'll Make Jelly!
And PLENTY of it!

Upon arrival to our home in Denver, my mom spotted our Concord grape vines in full bloom and ready to be harvested. I have to admit, you really couldn't escape it's fragrance as you milled around the house! We started our operation small. A meagerly batch of jelly. Pick-Clean-Boil-Juice/Cheesecloth/Reduce and Thicken/Can
We canned 12 cans our first batch.
Tried the jelly.
and fell in LOVE!

In the following days we made 64 Jars of Jelly!
I'll never forget such a sweet memory made with my mom as we waited for baby to arrive. It was fun talking about what we would do if my water broke and we were in mid-process with the jelly. It was fun seeing my mom so excited about teaching my the art of canning.

It was beautiful using a blooming creation to make something new, and tasty!

Can't wait to do it again next year!
Thanks for all the fun, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment