11.08.2010

Our attempts at Inducing Labor!

Man, I'm still pregnant! 40 weeks have come and gone. I also didn't know I would be waving goodbye to 41 weeks, too!

We tried a variety of things to encourage little Baby DiLeonardi to make an appearance. Outside of the given frisky events that most people know of to try inducing labor, I......

- ate pineapple (thanks Yvette and Randi!)
- went on daily walks
- went into the mountains for lunch
- more physical exercise (those leaves needed a good raking!)
- spicy food (resulted in stronger heartburn and no baby)
- bumpy road
- talking to baby
- relaxing (pedicure)
- pressure points on feet and palms
- fun distractions (farkle, baby quilt, and jelly making)
- prayed

After a long walk tonight, ending in Sean praying that little baby will come soon on it's own time and a great feast of Chicken A'la King, I'm turning in early to bed, with tiredness and a tinge of anxiety :)

At my Dr. Appt today, I was hooked up to a machine that showed baby's heartbeat and contractions :) Baby's doing great, I have 5 times the amniotic fluid than the average woman at 41 weeks, I'm having contractions, but baby? Are you too comfortable in there?

We're just excited to meet you! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment