8.18.2010

Quilt Class: Charm Pack 1



Ah, Fancy Tiger does it again. If you're unfamiliar with Fancy Tiger, they are a super hip fabric/yarn/crafter's dream type of store here in Denver. (http://www.fancytiger.com/) They offer a bunch of classes seasonally and I had the opportunity to attend a patch work quilt class tonight. Here's the description of the class:

"This fun table-top or lap quilt uses the awesome and incredible charm packs!

Charm packs are coordinating bundles of

fabric pre-cut into 5" squares.

You will piece your top using the squares,
quilt your quilt and bind it! Easy-peasy."
http://www.fancytiger.com/charmquilt.html

The class is a 2 part class, class I tonight, class II next Wednesday. Tonight we learned just how to seam and sew all of our charms. There is a bit of a science to it and I learned the proper way of sewing these charms together. I used to just sew squares together and not really pay attention to the direction of the seams and which way I should iron them to lay flat, but now after tonight's class I'm confident that I'll end up with a polished finished product!

Most of you may have already guessed this, but yes, I'm making the quit for lil Baby DiLeo. Sean pointed something out to me the other day, he said, why do you keep sewing and knitting and making things for everyone else's babies but ours? When are you going to start making our little one things?

Fair enough.

So thanks mom ($50 Fancy Tiger Gift Card at Christmas) and Amanda ($20 Fancy Tiger Gift Card at my birthday) for helping supply baby with an actual quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment