8.27.2010

Applique a Gift, eh?


One of my childhood friends, Theresa, called us over the weekend to tell us she's pregnant! Completely elated with the news, I tried to think of a quick gift I could put together and mail to her to help celebrate in the excitement of the little one on the way! Her due date is far off but I hope this onsie will help continue the momentum of great joy they will be experiencing in the months to follow!

Again, I used a button-hole stitch. The bird was the simpilest of simple appliques, the bird is actually a print on the fabric! I didn't need to trace or freehand a single thing! The onsie was a $0.50 purchase at a garage sale. It had a minor stain on the c
hest that my little applique covered up quite nicely.
With that being said, I think it's fair to say that the shipping of this gift back to Chicago will cost more than the actual gift itself!

Here's to babies and the fun of applique!


1 comment: